Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: 6 years ago today..........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    6 years ago today..........

    I'll never forget where I was.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 6 years ago today..........

    Amen.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 6 years ago today..........

    01 DSCN2661

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 6 years ago today..........

    I was at school (St. Paul Elementary) and we had just gone into the Library (for one of our "class" periods) when the librarian turned the television on and told us all to shut up and watch what was happening. As I watched the footage constantly being replayed and heard the reporters talking about it, I slowly began to understand what had happened but it took me a while to understand the "why" in terms of why someone would do something as vicious as that.

    That's pretty much how I found out about it .. I think I was only 12 at the time.
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 6 years ago today..........

    I was at work, stocker at Wise Payless, when it happened. I knew something was up becuse we had no customers for several hours. We also had no TV. I called my buddy, and he told me what happened. The silence in that town, at that particular moment, was surreal.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 6 years ago today..........

    i was in 9th grade, math class
    just turned the tv on and hardly no one said a word
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 6 years ago today..........

    I was in class at MECC. Came out of class and saw one of the TVs mounted to the ceiling on CNN or Fox News broadcasting what was happening.

    Sat in the student union most of the day with my now wife (we weren't dating at the time) and discussed what had happened with others.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 6 years ago today..........

    This brings it all back:

    http://attacked911.tripod.com/
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •